Monday 21 November 2016

Letter - 21 November - trip to Cairo

Athol writes home to mother. He thanks her for another parcel of socks. He made a short visit to Cairo with his mate Lt Ellis. This short letter, sent from Kantara, must have been dashed off very quickly as parts are quite illegible.





Kantara
Egypt
21.11.16

Dear Mater,

Many thanks for No.61 also 1 bundle of socks. Also for enclosure from (illegible). Do you know if I hold any other H.P. shares? because Aunt May said something about some in a letter about 18 months ago since when silence has reigned supreme. It doesn't really make any difference ...but find out on the quiet.

Les Ellis and I went up to Cairo for the weekend. It wasn't bad. We saw Ada Reeves' boy. Quite a change after assorted days, etc shows.

I hope to get away to school in the every near future and then it's more or less only my own fault if I'm long on the road.

There is absolutely nothing to tell this time. I'll try and put up a better performance next mail. Mine to Pater and the Aunts.

Yours lovingly

Athol

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted if you would like to share your thoughts...