Friday 11 November 2016

Letter - 11 November 1916 - Christmas greetings

Athol writes to Mr Whelan a former colleague at his mother's family's company, Huddart Parker.






Kantara
Egypt
11.11.16

Dear Mr Whelan,

Very many thanks for your letter 3-10-16.

This being Christmas mail I'll kill two birds with one stone and wish you the very best of luck for 1917. As you see I'm still in the land of sand and sorrow. It is getting quite nice and cool here now, which is a bit of a change. Also we are now about 300 miles further north and not quite so far from everywhere. This place is on the Canal and so it's a lot more interesting. The rain you had in September is a bit of a change from this spot. I haven't seen a speck of rain since last March.

Haven't had very much flying lately as we have been changing stations, but suppose we'll get more than enough in the near future.

Give my best wishes to any I know in H.P.

Best of luck,

Yours sincerely,

Athol G .Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be delighted if you would like to share your thoughts...